PAT Admin Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Work in partnership with the Pre-Procedure nurses, ancillary departments, and physician offices. This position performs unit-based clerical functions, in a timely and accurate manner which contributes to efficient operations within office. Individual fields and triages incoming phone calls, processes incoming faxes, schedules, reschedules, and cancels patient appointments and assist nurses in obtaining pertinent documentation for patient charts required for surgery by obtaining records from available computer applications, outside facilities and having them available for chart completion.. Responsible for insuring orders comply with medical necessity, i.e. contain patient name, procedure, diagnosis, date, and doctor signature. Role must be capable of setting priorities and handling urgent situations in a calm manner. Is customer oriented and able to communicate with all levels of staff and office personnel. Serves as a liaison between hospital departments and outside facilities. Possesses skills to utilize electronic medical record and scheduling systems. Able to function autonomously, adapts readily to change, pays strict attention to detail, flexible to work extra hours to fulfill department needs. Environment is fast paced and requires ability to multi task.
* One year or more of recent experience working as an Administrative Associate in a physician office or hospital setting
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to type while speaking with patient
* Advanced computer knowledge
* Excellent customer service skills
* Familiar with medical terminology and knowledge of basic surgical procedures
* Effective time management and ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve
* Experience with electronic medical record preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent