PATIENT ACCOUNTING REP II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Patient Accounting Representative II.
1) Post payments, refunds and adjustments to accounts within designated time frame.
2) Balances receipts, Reviews EOB's.
Insurance Follow Up:
1) Follow up with insurance companies on denials and insurance inquiries as necessary to resolve the account.
2) Properly notes actions taken on the accounts as directed by department policy.
3) Verifies and updates insurance as necessary.
Self Pay Follow Up:
1) Contacts patients regarding delinquent accounts and arranges acceptable payment schedules when necessary.
2) Works closely with collection agencies.
Patient Customer Service:
1) Receives and resolves patient billing questions and complaints in a compassionate, courteous, professional and timely manner.
2) Take appropriate actions such as changing insurance, re-filing claims, calling insurance companies or answering questions to resolve the issue in a satisfactory and timely manner.
1) Review and analyze monthly reports, data and trends to identify improve opportunities revenue cycle functions and increase charge capture.
2) Performs, analyzes and trends individual QA data and reports back opportunities for improvement and ongoing education.
* High school/ GED
* One to three years of experience in health care patient accounts desirable.
* Strong written and oral communication.
* Proficiency on personal computer.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.