PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT ENTRY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Patient Care Assistant Entry
* Provides basic nursing skills, including but not limited to: Vital signs and pulse oximetry; fingerstick blood glucose; ADL's; recording intake and output; collecting urine, stool, sputum specimens; apply/remove compression hose; SCDs etc.; emptying drains, urinary catheters, NG tubes, and ostomies; additional skills to meet unit needs. Documents in O2 all tasks, I&O, percentage of meals eaten, etc.
* Maintains a neat, clutter free and clean patient room and work environment.
* Maintains a safe patient environment to include High Fall Risk interventions as appropriate for high fall risk patients. This can include but not limited to: hourly rounds; answering call lights in person, promptly for all patients on the unit.
* Demonstrates proper hand hygiene, standard precautions, and isolation principles.
* Care for the patient in restraints, including ROM and fluids/toileting; reorienting confused patients; reinforcement of patient/family education regarding fall and safety precautions.
* Promptly notifies the RN of change in vital signs from baseline or expected result, change in mental status or condition, any breakdown in skin integrity or redness of skin, patient report of pain, any other patient needs, concerns or issues. Must complete other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Successful completion of the Gold Standard Acute Care School Education
* BLS Certification required within 3 weeks of hire
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.