PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT / PER DIEM / ROTATING - BWH PACU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONEXCELLENT CARE TO PATIENTS AND FAMILIES THE BEST STAFF IN THE SAFEST ENVIRONMENT
Nursing at Brigham and Womens Hospital is known for their excellent clinical practice and for keeping patients and their families at the center of all they do. We understand that great care is shaped by relationships with patients and their families. Thats why were committed to knowing our patients on a deeper level not just as patients, but as individuals to ensure that they, and their families, feel known and cared for.
At BWH, we proudly work together with a spirit of inquiry and a deep commitment to providing the highest quality, evidence-informed and theory-guided care in an inclusive environment. We work each day to achieve our vision to provide excellent care to patients and families, with the best staff, in the safest environment.
Just as we have been able to reinvent health care, we have also transformed health care careers. Whether measured in terms of lives saved, awards earned, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents a career with BWH is unlike any other in the health care field. Here you'll find a workplace where collaboration and teamwork are the norm, not the exception physicians, nurses, technicians, staff and management form a close-knit bond, based on mutual respect and devotion to our patients. If you want an enormously fulfilling career, theres no better place to be.
THE PCA WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Providing direct and indirect care for patients by assisting RNs with clinical tasks and responding to the needs of patients and family members and taking a proactive role in the efficient operation of the unit.
* Working collaboratively to provide excellent care to patients and families in the safest environment.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Certification as a nursing assistant required upon hire, unless incumbent is a nursing student who has completed her/his fundamentals of nursing with a clinical component (clinical rotation or simulation lab). For nursing students hired as PCAs, strongly prefer nursing students enrolled in BSN programs or direct-entry Masters programs.
* Demonstrated proficiency in English verbal and written communication skills.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF