PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE-ICU-SRICU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
* Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
* Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgement and critical actions
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status and rendered care
* Taking self-directed or self -motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance and or creating new opportunities
* the patient care associate is responsible for providing direct patient care to patients under the guidance of the physician and Rn. He/she performs phlebotomy, vital signs, assists the Rn and performs secretary skills.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Completion of PCA/CNA certification required, Meridian Nursing Assistant program
* Current Nursing student, having completed fundamentals in nursing clinical rotation required
* Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar preferred
* BLS/CPR certification required
* At lease one year healthcare experience as a CNA, PCA, patient transporter
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.