PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE - 3 North
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
A day in the life of a Patient Care Associate at Meridian includes:
* Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service.
* Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions.
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient s status and rendered care.
* Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities.
* Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient s plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
* Must be willing to float at all in-patient areas of the hospital including Medical Surgical, Telemetry, and Critical Care.
* Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement[PI] activities
* BLS/CPR Certification is required
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Completion of PCA/CNA certification required, Meridian Nursing Assistant Program preferred or
* Current Nursing Student, having completed fundamentals in nursing clinical rotation required
* Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar preferred
* Equivalent bedside nursing experience, such as home health aides, military hospital corpsman or medic strongly preferred
* Applicant must have computer skills and the ability to multi-task.
* Attention to detail and patient centered a must.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.