PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE, PEDIATRIC ICU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Patient Services Manager and the direction of the Clinical Nurse, performs specific duties that support patient care. These duties include direct and indirect patient care activities which are essential to providing comprehensive care to patients.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great \\"First Impression\\" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the \\"I Am YNHH\\" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
* 1. Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse, engages in selected tasks and activities as directed to obtain and report information to assist the nurse in the assessment, planning and evaluation of patient needs, treatment and response to treatment.
* 1.1 Obtains and records vital signs as delegated by the RN
* 2. Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse, performs technical duties and selected treatments, procedures and activities which contribute to safe and efficient delivery of patient care.
* 2.1 Obtains a 12-lead ECG and continuous Lead II with correct patient information entered.
* 3. Effectively assists in the care of patients with consideration for the safety of key populations as appropriate.
* 3.1 Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team offering suggestions on addressing patient/family needs, taking into account cultural and/or individual diversity and demonstrates sensitivity to these aspects of care delivery.
* 4. Effectively and professionally communicates and interacts with patients, families, and staff.
* 4.1 Covers the Business Associate (BA ) desk in the absence of the BA under the direction of the PSM or designee.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED; and CNA or other educational equivalent, i.e. Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, Student Nurse who has completed one semester of clinical experience. Additional experience preferred will be specified depending on placement.
Either (A) Two (2) years relevant direct patient care experience as dictated by placement. or (B) Education as stated above. All candidates must successfully complete the Patient Care Associate Competency Based Training and Practicum and unit specific competencies, including age-specific competencies.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patient, families, peers, and supervisor. Must display the ability to prioritize and adjust work plans based on the needs of the patient, the unit, and the patient care team. Must display the ability to accept direction and work as a member of a unified team.
Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Ability to perform tasks of physical endurance and dexterity as required by placement. Consistent use of proper body mechanics.