- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE - 5 WEST INTERMEDIATE CARE
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
A day in the life of a Patient Care Associate at Meridian includes:
* Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
* Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status and rendered care
* Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
* Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient*s plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
* Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities
* The PCA will be responsible for patient care, vital signs, transport, blood glucose monitoring, documentation, EKG's, Phelbotomy, assist with restraints, pevent falls, must have BLS, label and draw blood as ordered, transmit EKG, answer call lights with the "no Pass Zone" assist in transporting patients to other units or discharge, report all adverse events or notice changes in patients.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
* Completion of Meridian Nursing Assistant Program or
* CNA/PCA certification or
* Current Nursing Student, having completed fundamentals in nursing clinical rotation or
* Equivalent bedside nursing experience, such as home health aides, military hospital corpsman or medic or Emergency Medical Technician
* One year of PCA experience preferred although willing to train
* BLS/CPR certification is required
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required. If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.