PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN-OBSERVATION UNIT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a new Observation Unit. This unit embraces innovation and collaboration of the Emergency Department and Hospitalists teams. This is a unique, fast-paced, progressive unit providing care to a wide variety of patients. We are a team with strong, collaborative leadership and strong physician/nurse relations. We value teamwork which allows you to function in an autonomous manner utilizing a high level of critical thinking skills. If you are adaptable, possess strong clinical skills, embrace change, and value providing exceptional care and compassion to your patients, consider joining our team.
Performs selected patient care services and assists other care providers under the direction of the R.N. Documents care. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
\\"Come Grow With Us\\"
* 1. Demonstrates skill in observing and communicating patient needs.
* 1.1 Identifies changes in patient's condition and communicates significant observations to the nurse in a timely fashion as indicated by report to the nurse.
* 2. Demonstrates skill in providing direct patient care.
* 2.1 Accepts report on assigned patients and demonstrates understanding as evidenced by her/his communication.
* 3. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed.
* 3.1 Appropriately collects specimen and performs test (i.e. EKGs, blood drawing, blood sugars and guiac, etc.) following established policy and procedure.
* 4. Completes non-therapeutic functions as assigned by NM/designee.
* 4.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non patient care activities.
* 5. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily performance of role.
* 5.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs.
High school diploma or equivalent
Hospital PCT experience strongly desired. Phlebotomy and EKG experience preferred.
Certified Nursing Assistant or EMT or graduate from an accredited nursing program pending licensure or LPN. BLS required.
Successful completion of orientation. Speak and write English proficiently. Successful completion of orientation/evidence of positive initiatives with patients and staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.