PATIENT FINANCIAL ADVISOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Patient Financial Advisor.
* Complies with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations.
* Screens financially unsponsored patients and assists them in finding payment resolution for their accounts.
* Contacts the patient or family via by phone or room call to ask them questions about sponsorship linkage. Includes health insurance, homeowners insurance, workman's compensation insurance, pre-paid packages, grants, studies, COBRA, VA benefits, Crime Victim, auto insurance, Medicaid or Medicare.
* Enters insurance information and patient demographic information appropriately into SMS.
* Negotiate settlements or makes payment arrangements.
* Works daily On-trac Work lists consisting of all unsecured accounts.
* Assists "walk-in" customers requesting assistance. In addition, they will also take phone calls from customers who call with questions.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* Three years of experience in customer service and accounting functions in a Health Care setting preferred.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Ability to work under stress with frequent interruptions.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.