PATIENT OBSERVER- JERSEY SHORE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
A day in the life of a Patient Observer at Meridian includes:
* Responsible for the safety of the Patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse
* Must be able to work in situations with isolation precautions
* Provide a safe environment for patients who are on One to One Supervision for Suicide Precautions, Behavioral Restraints, Line of Sight or Patient Safety
* Provide frequent checks on patients that have a Patient Watch Order
* Provide direction to patient to ensure that they do not fall or wander off
* Record and Document patient behavior
* Must be able to travel with patient when needed
* Required to work every other Weekend (Saturday/Sunday)
* Required to work Holidays (3 out of 6 Legal Holidays)
* School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) is required
* Previous work experience in a hospital setting preferred
* Experience as a Patient Care Technician, Nursing Assistant, or Medical Assistant preferred
* Experience as an EMT or Nurse's Aide Training preferred or
* Current Nursing or Psychology student preferred
* The ability to stay mobile according to the patients' movement including the ability to stand for periods of time is required
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
* A Can-Do positive attitude
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.