Fast paced clinic and surgical scheduler needed- Danvers Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under general supervision of the Sr. Administrative Manager and Administrative Coordinator, provides a broad level of administrative support to the surgeons of the Division of Community Surgery at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care. Works independently to execute job responsibilities and tasks. Works with the surgeons, staff members and management team to ensure a quality-based, customer-oriented flow of work. Utilizes discretion and judgment to organize priorities, complete tasks and handle confidential patient information. Performs a wide range of administrative tasks utilizing well established skills and experience to support a medical office, including surgical scheduling, prior authorizations, medical office coding and billing as well as coordinating patient services such as appointments, testing, and referrals, performs administrative coordination of a physicians office to include secretarial support, data management and billing/financial support. Maintains advanced knowledge and proficiency in medical office operation, insurance regulations and billing practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PATIENT CARE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Schedules patient office appointments, coordinating with others as appropriate. Provides information to physician as appropriate.
* Refers patients to appropriate hospital departments for registration, referral and financial services as needed.
* Obtains, provides and maintains medical records in support of patient visits, surgeries, billing and other needs.
* Maintains high level of knowledge and skill in the use of appropriate electronic systems to obtain and provide information (e.g. Epic/LMR). Monitors and uses systems to execute tasks, such as BookIt, Front Desk Worklist in ICM-MD, and Patient Gateway for patient messages. May serves as SuperUser for these systems and may train staff on their use.
* Arranges and/or provides information and visit support to patients and their families, such as distributing maps, information regarding procedures and interpreter services.
* Prepares for patient visits by placing appointment and surgery reminder calls, organizing patient files and printing forms and ensuring physician and office is prepared to provide for patient visit or surgery.
* Completes all aspects of patient checks-in in a courteous manner. This includes updating computer systems with correct and complete information, obtaining referral information and payments and preparing billing materials. Coordinates with clinical staff to ensure smooth patient flow.
* Completes procedures to check-out patients as they exit exam rooms, including scheduling appointments surgery and testing in a timely and efficient manner.
* Provides and coordinates office support to meet physician needs. This includes operating room schedules, maintaining files, dictation support, correspondence with physicians, patients and other offices or agencies
* Provides and coordinates patient appointments to include processes related to cancelled appointments and reminder notices.
* Interacts in a courteous manner with physicians, nurses, and administrative staff within and outside of MGH to coordinate care of patients, obtain referrals, provide feedback, answer questions, etc.
* Maintains physicians office to include calendar management, travel, office reception, mail processing, correspondence and reports and related responsibilities of a secretarial nature. Ensures timely renewal and maintains files of physicians medical license(s), DEA certificate, professional liability insurance, etc. Prepares and maintains files of hospital and managed care plan credentialing documents. Ensures office is operating efficiently by performing duties to monitor and address needs such as order supplies, maintain files and obtain literature.
* Organizes materials and information for processing of invoices and reimbursements, updating and communicating on-call schedules and for use in presentations made at national meetings. Establishes and maintains databases for practice and physician use.
* Arranges for outside visitors, medical students, etc. as requested by physician.
* Cross covers other staff members, e.g. breaks, lunches, vacations, during variations in work flow as needed.
* Participates in periodic staff meetings or other departmental meetings.
* Perform/participate in special projects as may arise from time-to-time.
* Arranges patient surgeries by scheduling pre-surgery appointments and testing, reschedules as needed. Obtains all required authorizations and referrals in advance of surgery. Provides information to Admitting in a timely manner.
* Utilizes BookIt to schedule surgeries electronically at MGH, and submits fax booking sheets for cases scheduled at NSMC. Updates physician calendar to block surgery schedule. Communicates any special circumstances to the physician.
* Works with primary care and specialty offices to obtain patient historical data, reports, imaging studies, lab results or other information necessary for the coordination and completion of the surgery and patient care.
* Ensures patients receive pertinent patient education information about their surgeries. Confirms completion of Consent for Surgery forms. Provides patients with pre-surgical instructions in a timely manner. Addresses or refers patient and family questions regarding surgery, insurance and administrative.
* Work effectively and efficiently with insurance companies to obtain pre-authorization for any and all surgical procedures.
* Maintains files to incorporate surgical information in paper and electronic patient and office files. This includes operative notes, discharge summaries and test reports.
* May schedule post-operative appointments and testing.
* Maintains an advanced level of knowledge regarding third party insurance, managed care and financial services and resources available to patients. Attends meetings and educational sessions to secure this knowledge base.
* Organizes and forwards patient and procedure information for billing. Answers patient and billing office questions. Resolves any discrepancies.
* Creates and maintains billing information, updating patient information as necessary in ICM-MD. Ensures bills are processed in a timely manner. Works with patients to collect payments for all services provided.
* Investigates and resolves billing matters utilizing advanced knowledge and skill related to insurance coverage, referral management, insurance company procedures and billing process.
* Secretarial Certificate or Associates Degree. Equivalent and additional secretarial/administrative experience may be considered in place of education.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of secretarial experience. Experience in a healthcare setting helpful.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Exceptional typing skills (e.g. 55 to 65 WPM) required.
* Exceptional computer skills (including word processing, database, electronic mail, internet, and spreadsheets) required. Knowledge of Epic/LMR and other systems at a level sufficient to perform job.
* Good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
* Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to solve problems.
* In-depth understanding of all pertinent medical insurances, managed care and patient financial services.
* Is knowledgeable and compliant in all hospital, State and Federal regulatory