PATIENT SERVICES COORD. II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program is dedicated to healing the Invisible Wounds of War for Service Members, Post-9/11 Veterans and their Families through clinical care, wellness-based programs, community outreach, education and research. Home Base operates the largest private-sector program in the nation devoted to healing Invisible Wounds such as post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, anxiety, depression, military sexual trauma and family relationship challenges. Since its inception, Home Base has served more than 7,500 Veterans and Family Members with care and support, trained more than 10,000 clinicians nationally, and remains at the forefront of discovering new treatments-- ensuring a brighter future for the 21st century Warrior and Military Family. Created to heal the Invisible Wounds of WarPost Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury, Military Sexual Trauma, Depression, Anxiety, and co-occurring substance use disordersthe two-week Intensive Clinical Program (ICP) offers an innovative approach to healing. The ICP is the newest clinical service at Home Base having launch in late 2015, in addition, Home Base continues to operate and expand clinical services available in its Outpatient Clinic.
Reporting to the Administrative Manager, the Patient Service Coordinator II (PSC II) serves as a key member of the team that provides superior care and exceptional service to all of its patients. One critical dimension of this service focuses on patient check-in process and improving the human experience upon our patients arrival to our practice and throughout the duration of their visit. The Home Base PSC II will play a important role in redefining and reinvigorating the patient welcome and check-in experience. The PSC II will be the crucial face and attitude of this patient-centered practice. While also providing traditional medical administrative services, the PSCII will have the unique opportunity to work within a supportive team setting enabled by systems and technologies that will allow the employee to provide patient care and services at their highest levels. PSC II will be asked to participate in all ongoing quality and process improvement efforts to continually improve Home Base patient care and service activities. In addition, the PSC II will be responsible to assist in special projects when skillset and capacity allow, as deemed appropriate by the Administrative Manager and Administrative Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide a friendly, welcoming and caring greeting face and attitude to all patients arriving for visits.
* Possess a high touch high service attitude and expertise, effectively manage incoming communications from patients and families, whether by phone or the practice web-site. In this effort, work effectively to fully investigate, understand and document the patients needs, concerns and expectations for response, and then communicate back to patients an understanding of these elements and the next steps toward providing the needed care.
* Support the arriving patient in the check in process, whether through check-in Kiosk or by traditional front desk check-in processes. Within this effort, support patients with any insurance, billing or medical administrative questions they may have. Included in this responsibility is the distribution of and documentation of HIPAA information, and establishing the correct identity of the patient by checking picture identification.
* Manage and maintain appointment scheduling for a number of patients within a period of two weeks at a time continuously.
* Must remain current with the federal and state changes to HIPAA and identity issues that may require front desk workflow changes in the future.
* Be available to work some flexible hours to meet the demands and changing needs of this growing practice.
* Coverage responsibilities include both the Home Base Outpatient Clinic and Intensive Clinical Program, the exact schedule will be determined by the Administrative Manager and leadership. Must remain flexible as to location as this may vary between our two clinical locations (One Bowdoin Square - ICP current location and 101 Merrimac Street current Outpatient Clinic location).
* Understand all HMO, Managed Care and other Third Party Insurers. Functions as a resource for patients around managed care plans, insurance and referral issues, with an ability to perform electronic insurance verification.
* Understands financial services and Home Base specific billing procedures and provides patients with information or refers them to financial services as needed.
* Provides support and information to providers to problem solve and manage complex administrative patient issues.
* Triages and manages complex telephone calls, utilizing courteous customer service skills.
* Maintains confidentiality and privacy, consistent with HIPPA guidelines.
* Completely performs and serve as a resource to other team members in all revenue enhancement activities, including but not limited to registration verification, co-payment collection, cash management, pre-authorizations, etc.
* With a complete understanding and documentation of patient needs, interface with the patients team (VOC, Social Worker, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Physician) to direct messages to those team members that are most appropriate for timely evaluation and response to patient needs. Whenever possible, be proactive in closing the loop with the patient and in supporting the team in whatever way possible.
* Manage incoming paper medical records, off-site storage and access to paper records when needed. Document receipt of outside records in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
* Manage/sort and date stamp incoming mail and other paper communications towards ultimate input to EMR system.
* Engage with care teams and support members in all matters appropriate to patient care services needed and skills of this position (e.g., support practice with outreach to patients, faxing and mailing letters supporting patient care).
* Maintain office supplies and caf supplies for practice.
* Provides support as needed to prepare mailings.
* Schedules patient appointments and tracks insurance authorizations in appropriate electronic systems.
* Coordinates and tracks authorizations for decrementation.
* Provides cross-coverage for other Practice staff members for absences, vacations, etc. and during variations in workflow, as needed
* Assists with training and orientation of new staff, where applicable.
* Manages inventory of office and kitchen supplies for the clinic.
* Coordinates upkeep of patient files both in paper and electronic form through paper filing and scanning of documents into the electronic medical record as needed.
* Assists with clinical and operational data management involving data collection, data entry and weekly/monthly reporting.
* Performs all other related tasks which would facilitate the flow of patients through the practice, or which would enhance the quality of service to patients.
* Works on special projects across Home Base program as requested by Administrative Director and Administrative Manager.
* Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills, in person, phone and/or in writing.
* Superior patient care and service attitude and correspondence skills.
* Excels within and helps to enable a process improvement and team building environment.
* Works well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve and function as a resource to other members of the team and resolve complex issues on behalf of the