PATIENT SERVICES COORD. II (Ortho Shoulder)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Patient Services Coordinator II (PSC II) provides administrative support to health care providers in a high-volume ambulatory setting, functioning as the primary interface between the patient and the providers. The emphasis is placed on the ability to organize priorities, complete tasks, manage confidential patient information, schedule patient appointments and diagnostic testing, referrals and other managed care related issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to perform all duties as outlined for the PSC I position.
* Perform all check-in and checkout functions as outlined by the MGH/MGPO Front Desk Standards of Operations.
* Provide support and information to providers and to manage complex, administrative patient issues to a satisfactory resolution.
* Perform daily management of encounter form processing and reconciliation.
* Ensure completeness of all encounter forms and understands resources for confirming basic ICD-9 coding required to complete visit encounter forms for processing.
* Understand HMO, managed care and other third party insurers. Function as a patient resource around managed care plans, and insurance and referral issues with the knowledge to perform electronic insurance verification.
* Understand financial services and self-pay resources, and to provide patients with information as needed.
* Triage and manage complex telephone calls utilizing courteous customer service skills.
* Maintain confidentiality and privacy consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
* Completely perform all revenue enhancement activities, including but not limited to registration verification, co-payment collection, cash management, encounter form reconciliation, and serves as a resource to other team members.
* Schedule patient appointments and create referral shells/template for specialty visits and diagnostic testing as required. Coordinate diagnostic test scheduling.
* Coordinate, track, and decrement referral appointments.
* Provide cross-coverage for other practice staff members for absences and vacations as well as during variations in workflow.
* Assist in training and orienting new staff, to front desk procedures and best practices.
* Perform all other related tasks facilitating patient flow and quality patient care
* Work with practice manager to run weekly and daily clinics
* Enroll patients in Patient Gateway.
* Work on special projects as assigned
* Obtains Workers Compensation authorizations for ancillary testing.
* Computer skills necessary to use appropriate modules of EPIC, electronic medical record modules, and transition to PATCOM, as required.
* Experience in EXCEL, Microsoft WORD
* Command of the English language including some medical terminology
* Exceptional organization skills, ability to multi-task, accurate attention to detail.
* Ability to work both independently or with a team approach.
* Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with various groups of patients, staff, and providers.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve and function as a resource to other members of the team, and resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
* Demonstrated in-depth understanding of managed care and all other pertinent insurance/medical coverage.
* Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies.
* Demonstrated understanding of disaster protocols to include fire, safety, and code calls, pursuant to the mandatory training requirements outlined by MGH and JCAHO guidelines.
* Busy outpatient office with weekly clinics.
* Associates Degree in Secretarial Science/Business preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years secretarial experience or equivalent in a medical or health care related setting preferred.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.