PATIENT SVCS MGR - General Adult Psychiatry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Patient Services Managers structure their activities to anticipate and respond to the impact of managed care and other market forces on health care delivery. They ensure that their unit(s) demonstrate superior outcomes, provide seamless delivery of care, and maintain competitive cost structures. Each manager is responsible for a defined functional area of patient services and must collaborate with others to achieve the hospital's strategic objectives and mission: patient service, teaching, research, and community service. The Patient Services Manager serves as the direct link between hospital strategies and the staff on the patient care team. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great \\"First Impression\\" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the \\"I Am YNHH\\" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
* 1. The Patient Services Manager is specifically responsible to:
* 1.1 Ensure that desired clinical outcomes are achieved through cost effective and efficient processes.
* 2. UNIT OBJECTIVES
* 2.1 Collaborates with division and unit leadership to design, develop, and implement clinically and fiscally responsive program philosophies, goals, and objectives.
* 3. FISCAL MANAGEMENT
* 3.1 Develops and manages a unit budget to ensure the delivery of cost-effective, quality care.
* 4. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
* 4.1 Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition, and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
* 5. ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
* 5.1 Promotes the organization to all customers by interpreting and communicating Yale New Haven's mission and values, acting as a loyal, supportive, and informed spokesperson for the unit/program, division, and Hospital.
* 6. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
* 6.1 Develops customer relations' standards reflecting excellence consistent with Hospital policy for internal/external customers in collaboration with unit leadership and appropriate departments.
* 7. OUTCOMES MANAGEMENT
* 7.1 Identifies and analyzes trends in customer service/satisfaction and provides leadership in resolving any negative trends.
* 8. KEY INTERFACES
* 8.1 The Patient Services Manager interacts primarily with the following external interfaces. 1. Patients 2. Families 3. Physicians
* 9. DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
* 9.1 Patient Services Managers have the authority to formulate and execute unit/program vision, goals, and plans consistent with Hospital strategies and policy. They determine whether needed resources have been committed and facilitate the acquisition of additional resource were indicated.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required. Masters Degree preferred. Current Connecticut state RN Nursing licensure and/or eligibility for Connecticut state RN licensure required.
Five (5) to six (6) years experience including clinical practice experience and two (2) to three (3) years of demonstrated leadership/supervisory/management experience required.
Demonstrated ability to direct a large, diverse work force in a twenty-four hour per day operational environment. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems, to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable in budgeting and financing of operational units (salaried and non-salaried). Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes, and capable of implementing concepts. Demonstrated ability to implement and support change required.
Twenty-four hour a day accountability for all operational aspects. Exposure to biohazards blood and body fluids. Prolonged standing, walking, and lifting required.