This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Do you have payroll experience* Pro Staff is seeking a Payroll Assistant for our busy client company in Alexandria! Main duties in this temp-to-hire support role include:
* Verify hours on daily time cards.
* Analyze and compare labor codes and equipment codes for accuracy.
* Enter time cards in accounting software.
* Assist in running payroll reports and validating data entry.
* Prepare certified payroll reports, copy and file certified payroll reports.
* Assist payroll supervisor in gathering information for government compliance reporting.
* Assist with editing, updating and maintaining employee records in accounting software.
* Assist in entering and setting up prevailing wage spreadsheets for upcoming jobs.
* Make wage packets for Sub Contractors for upcoming jobs.
* Set up and track to ensure the certified payroll files and EEO 13 s are received.
* Set up bid items in spreadsheets for Project Estimators.
* Performs other duties as needed.
* 2-year accounting degree.
* 2+ years payroll experience.
* Regular, consistent attendance.
* Ability to work flexible hours and overtime during busy periods (including some Saturday s).
* Valid Driver s License and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
* Good PC skills including a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
* Proficient data entry, keyboarding and 10-key by touch skills.
* Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and outside the organization.
Interested* Give Pro Staff a call at 320-763-9677 for more details and to schedule an in-office interview. We also offer Walk-In Wednesdays! Stop in any Wednesday between 7am-5pm to complete an application and interview on the spot!
Pro Staff, an Atterro Human Capital Group company, offers short-term to long-term projects, temporary to contract-to-hire, or direct placements. With proven expertise in Administrative, Clerical, Light Industrial and Manufacturing backgrounds, Pro Staff matches the right people with the right career opportunities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.