This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
THIRD STREET MANAGEMENT LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONNATURE & SCOPE
Provides personal care to residents as required by State Regulations, as outlined in the resident s plan of care, educational and certification standards and as defined through Meridian Senior Living policy and training.
This job description is developed for both NC Certified Personal Care Aides and Certified Nursing Assistants.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Successfully complete training as required or accepted by State regulations.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
* Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents Bill of Rights and be willing to assist residents in exercising their rights.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly and understand that for each resident the facility is considered the Resident s home.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Must practice and promote Meridian Guidelines, Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, values and goals.
* Maintain practice certification and required hours of Alzheimer s and related dementia-specific training per year.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
Personal care and health care:
* Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming (oral care), toileting, changing of bed linens, positioning, transfer, mobility, and incontinence care. Encourage residents to be as independent as capable.
* Keep proper records of care as required by the facility. Complete all forms and documentation as required.
* Immediately report any observations of concern/changes in resident s condition to the Supervisor in Charge.
* Vital sign monitoring will be performed as needed or directed by regulations, policy or primary care provider s order.
* Be able to apply the home s accident, disaster, fire safety, elopement and emergency procedures for protection of the residents.
* Be familiar with Meridian s State Regulatory Policies and Procedures.
* Be capable of performing CPR upon successful completion of CPR certification.
* Be knowledgeable of the residents background, preferences, habits and interests and preserve confidential information about each resident.
* Focus on service to residents in during dining and promote meal time as an enjoyable activity of each resident s day.
* Provide assistance to individual residents as needed or directed, who require help with eating, carrying plates, trays or beverages.
Safety and Sanitation
* Monitor all exit doors, the call and alarm systems to assure prompt response.
* Understand fire watch and need to check exit doors during and after as directed to assure full closure and lock.
* Maintain the confidentiality at all times of all mag-lock code systems to assure safety of the residents.
* Promptly answer facility and common residents telephone in a professional manner and per Meridian policy in order to meet the needs of the caller and communicate information.
* Understand and follow safety and infection co