POSITION: PCB Designer
LOCATION: Beaverton, OR
JOB ID: 316-155-105
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Cascade Microtech is a worldwide leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced wafer probing solutions. Our employees drive our vision of becoming the leading provider of microelectronic solutions through our guiding Cascade values. We believe that principles such as innovation, striving to achieve, focusing on customer success, building world class practices, transparency and teamwork will enable our success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees through the big things like a generous PTO plan, outstanding insurance and an employee stock purchase program. We also have the little things that make up a great workplace like our High 5 Employee Recognition Program, coffee stations, chili cook-offs, Hood to Coast teams and on site showers and bike-racks. If you want to be part of a high tech global leader and share our commitment to doing the right thing, then come join our team today!
We are currently seeking a PCB Designer to join our team! The PCB Designer partners with customers, engineers and sales to provide innovative PCB design solutions for product development. This position will create all files and documents required for customer design review, manufacturing and test, then work with internal and external resources to resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and electrical design issues. The Designer will work directly with global customers to determine project objectives and ensure that requirements and designs are aligned. This role will focus on working with our clients in Singapore, Taiwan and China. Therefore fluency in Mandarin is strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Work from documents supplied by the customer and Applications Engineering (design input), identifying and correcting omissions and/or errors.
* Produce schematics for designs
* Thoroughly understand product purpose and customer requirements.
* Participate in PCB layout reviews
* Evaluate data and develop a plan that will produce the best design with the shortest cycle time
* Utilize internal and external resources as needed to resolve design issues
* Create design in CAD system from existing files,
* Generate all output files required to manufacture, assemble and test the final product
* Develop new processes or significantly enhance existing ones, documenting changes as needed
* May be required to make purchase decisions and qualify vendors
* Provide leadership and direction for less experienced designers.
* The person in this position will work swing shift from 3:30pm-12:00am in order to provide support for clients in Singapore, Taiwan, China and Korea.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Associate s degree in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical design or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years experience working in PCB layout design for automated test equipment service (ATE).
* Minimum of 5 years experience working in a high-tech, high volume manufacturing environment.
* Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience designing PC boards utilizing CAD engineering design software.
* Minimum of 5 years experience working directly with clients to determine objectives, requirements and file review.
* Demonstrated ability to perform design and layout of PCB boards using IPC standards.
* Proficiency in at least one CAD system related circuit design as well as a mechanical package to be able to produce medium to complex mechanical drawings.
* Experience with Excel to manipulate large data files for presentation to customers or automated input to CAD.
* Script or code writing a plus.
* Experience with QAD or other ERP system required.
* Ability to read and understand technical documents
* Assist in the training of lower level designers.
* Fluency in Mandarin strongly preferred
* May be required to visit a clean room environment wearing a full protective bunny suit
* Occasional international travel as needed
Apply for this Position
Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cascade Microtech plays an essential role in the semiconductor industry producing tough,
reliable, innovative testing technologies for IC development and production.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and social
responsibility. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging
environment. Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.