PD Claims Examiner I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for handling a pending of Property and Physical Damage Auto Claims from inception to settlement following State and Company guidelines. Independently investigate the facts of loss, verify coverage, and evaluate liability and settlement value within assigned authority.
* Maintain a pending of comprehensive/collision, property damage and subrogation/arbitration claims within their authority.
* Diary maintenance and adjust reserves within assigned authority
* Communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees to solve any problems that may arise and come to an amicable resolution to the situation.
* Make strong liability decisions based on the facts of the loss and document clearly their thought process within their authority.
* Determine coverage confirmation, remain alert to identify coverage inconsistencies and work with Underwriting to clarify and resolve
* Identify any possible fraudulent claims and refer to Investigative Unit.
* Answer Arbitration Forums contentions.
* Review Appraisals and Total Loss valuations for accuracy.
* Produce thorough and consistent work.
* Knowledge of State regulatory guidelines.
* Active licensure or certifications needed for handling claims under the governance of the State's requirements; or ability to pass testing/certification within 6 months of hire
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Typing skills of at minimum 40 wpm
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Works independently with little supervision
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
* College Degree or equivalent education, training or 2+ years work-related experience preferred
* Bi-Lingual preferably English/Spanish
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.