PD Hospital Liaison MSW
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care and counseling in San Diego County. The Elizabeth Hospice is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 37-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as the respected hospice and palliative care leader in the region.
Initiates, establishes, develops and maintains professional relationships between hospice and various referral sources, e.g., hospitals, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, RCFEs, etc., physician associations and independent medical clinics/offices in order to assure a consistent base and flow of patient referrals across the life span (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults). Takes a pro-active role in helping to grow the census by asking for referrals. Effectively collaborates to assist in implementation and coordination of services for discharge of patients from hospitals into TEH s program of care. Educates the medical community about the benefits of hospice services. Displays an ongoing commitment to excellence in customer service to both internal and external customers.
Work hours: Shifts vary - 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekend commitment: Minimum of every other weekend
* Master s Degree in Social Work and four years of varied work experience as a professional, including one year in acute care setting or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-2 Years Hospice experience preferred.
* Current CA registration with LCSW preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with patients, physicians, community agencies and institutions.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Computer skills related to clinical documentation and email.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, and manage crisis situations.
* Current driver s license with proof of insurance.
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.