This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlant Engineering Specialist
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company. UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
The Plant Engineering Specialist's primary responsibility is to assist in the protection of UPS's Information Technology assets, including the Enterprise data center building, and the power and cooling infrastructure equipment. He or she must provide or develop cross-discipline expertise to assist in supervising the operation, inspections, repairs, and development of procedures for the power and cooling infrastructure. This will ensure 100% uptime of all operating I.T. Equipment.
The Plant Engineering Specialist will provide:
* Assistance with proper management of the raised floor environment, including Critical Power Distribution (e.g. redundant power architecture & load management).
* Assistance with planning of equipment locations.
* Assistance to manage under-floor power and data cabling and proper delivery of cooling air to I.T. racks.
* Knowledge of the available capacity of the raised floor power and cooling infrastructure equipment.
* Facilities engineering skill set, including housekeeping management, project management, environmental and safety compliance.
* Assistance with supervision and management of all aspects related to the I.S. Facilities Group, including completing work by directing administrative personnel, in-house staffing, and outside service vendors.
* Planning and organizing skills, with focus on results. Strong written and verbal communication skills, coordination, team working skills and analytical abilities.
AutoCAD, Visio, Microsoft Office, Single Line Schematics
The desired Plant Engineering Specialist will possess a Bachelor s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in education and work experience. UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity