PERIOP NURSE ASST I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Perioperative Nursing Assistant I applies basic knowledge and skills necessary to communicate appropriately and carry out delegated patient care tasks under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Assists with the physical preparation of the patient and physical environment prior to a surgical procedure being performed. Practices Relationship Centered care in concert with the values of The Methodist Hospital System.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Varies-Patient age group defined by each clinical area
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides assistant level care to Surgical Services patients within unit specific defined limits.
* Transports patients to and from assigned room and assists with the preparation and positioning of the patient prior to surgical procedure.
* Assists with preparation of the physical environment prior to surgical procedure, cleaning the room using prescribed sterile techniques, ensuring the maintenance of a clean and organized environment.
* Checks and maintains appropriate levels of surgical gowns, masks, cleaning supplies, and other for the department.
* Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
* Maintains confidentiality of information to which he/she has access.
* Reports observations, conditions and problems of patient to the licensed nurse
* Transports specimens, cultures, blood products, and body fluids to laboratory using universal precautions.
* Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement
* Demonstrates Service Pride standards (smiles and makes eye contact, greets each patient and visitor, displays appropriate body language at all times, honors diversity).
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma/GED or its equivalent in experience.
Previous experience in a healthcare role such as PCA, Transporter, EVS Tech or basic Perioperative Nursing Assistant course is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
American Heart Association BLS required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English
See attached Activity Checklist.
Will work in an operating/procedure room environment. May include exposure to hazardous chemicals and blood borne pathogens; Significant potential for exposure to latex. Adherence to universal precautions is required.
Extended periods of standing and walking are required. Able to flex hours and work days to meet needs related to acuity, volume changes and/or problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.