PERIOP: SRC/RN Operating Room Specialty Services Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Patient Service Manager, the Perioperative Specialty Coordinator (PSC) organizes patient care activities and serves as the primary clinical resource to the OR team in the designated specialty (s) to provide qualtiy nursing care. The PSC supports the overall coordination of the surgical specialty and actively collaborates with physicians and staff to facilitate the dynamic environment of perioperative services.
* 1. Patient and Family Experience
* 1.1 Role model YNHH service excellence pledge standards
* 1.2 Demonstrates value, diversity, and respect, for all people in the work environment
* 1.3 Ensures the successful execution of service excellence standards for all customers
* 1.4 Lead and inspire a team of positive, competent, and dynamic individuals
* 1.5 Ensure confidentiality of patient, staff, and appropriate management data is maintained
* 1.6 Identify and analyze trends in patient satisfaction scores specific to each specialty area. and1.1 Demonstrates clinical competence in perioperative services associated with designated surgical specialty (s).
* 2. Staff Engagement
* 2.1 Encourage and mentor to ensure staff competencies
* 2.2 Collaboratively engage staff engagement with surgical specialty
* 2.3 Lead staff involvement with surgeons associated with designated surgical specialty
* 2.4 Prioritizes staffing needs to facilitate complex environment of perioperative services
* 2.5 Collaboratively works with specialty surgeons to promote optimal patient care safety and efficiencies.
* 2.6 Provides leadership oversight into staffing assignments and staffing competency assessment.
* 3. Quality and Safety: Accountability / Expectation
* 3.1 Demonstrates knowledge and implements patient safety and quality improvements for the defined surgical specialty. 3.2 Exhibit ethical and professional responsibility to contribute to patient care, YNHH, and the patients in perioperative services.
* 3.3 Foster collaborative practice to promote safety, quality, and problem solving
* 3.4 Ensures staff are well prepared to optimally perform clinical accountabilities
* 3.5 Maintains an environment to assure surgical specialty readiness for all accreditation and regulatory surveys
* 3.6 Exhibits an open mind to listen, challenge, and influence patient safety and clinical outcomes Oversight of surgical specialty (s) includes daily management and co-ordination of necessary equipment team resources and service delivery
* 4. Clinical Care:
* 4.1 Serves as the primary surgeon interface for the designated surgical specialty (s).
* 4.2 Plans staff and physician education for new equipment and supplies
* 4.3 Actively solicits surgeon and staff input for service line enhancement
* 4.4 Provides direct care 50% of the time
* 4.5 Participates in collaboration with OR Management the coordination of the overall planning, organization, direction and evaluation of designated surgical specialty (s).
* 4.6 Demonstrates the ability to respond to multiple demands at once and prioritze and delegate appropriate tasks to all OR team members to facilitate the efficient and safe movement of patients throught the OR.
* 4.7 Provides leadership to direct staffing needs on a daily basis
* 4.8 Collaboratively works with DPC coordinators, Materials Management, and Central Sterile to ensure accuracy of surgical case needs.
* 5. Financial Management:
* 5.1 Oversight of the OR throughput including first case start time and turn-around time
* 5.2 Provides management of staffing assignments and competency assessment for designated surgical speciaty.
* 5.3 Leads specialty services coordination of equipment and supplies to promote optimal cost - efficiencies
* 5.4 Engages surgeons and staff in the development of capital budgetary requirments
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN required, or attained within 2 years of start date.
Minimum 3 years perioperative OR experience with a minimum of 1 year experience in designated surgical specialty field.
Current CT state RN licensure and/or eligibility for CT state RN licensure required. Specialty certification preferred.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal commmunication skills, maintains a high level of customer service, prioritizes needs of department and surgical specialty, and organizes operational efficiencies.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing, and touch; moving/lifting of patients and equipment.
Multiple positions available