PERIOPERATIVE ASSOCIATE 9/2/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accurately records booking information. Completely and accurately
records patient information, surgeon(s), procedure(s), insurance, pre-
admission test and other information submitted by surgeon's offices to book a surgical case.
Accurately enters staffing in perioperative information system.
Accurately records all staffing from operative records, including surgeon(s), anesthesiologist(s), nursing and ancillary staff.
Coordinates OR schedule schedule to minimize down time for
financial reasons. Consistently avoids gaps in surgical schedule by
frequently reorganizing same before final printing deadline.
Communicates scheduling changes or conflicts to managers and others
as necessary. Changes or conflicts are addressed in a timely manner without disruption in service.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 1-2 years of billing experience in a surgical environment, physician office, hospital or ambulatory surgical center is required
* Excellent organization and communication skills required
* Computer / data entry experience required
* SIS surgical information system experience strongly desired
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.