PERIOPERATIVE WAITING RM ATTD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Perioperative Wating Room Attendant
* Assists the KU Medical Center Information Desk to develop and enhance customer service for all patients and visitors
* Collaborates with department liaisons to improve communication with patient/visitors; may include transport, facility navigation and/or facilitating important/confidential information to patients/visitors. Additionally, will assist the liaisons with locating and placing families in conference rooms for surgeon discussions.
* Delivers customer focused communication to provide patients and visitors with quality information.
* Performs active surveillance of area for potential safety/security issues and or abnormal activities and communicate to appropriate personnel.
* Receives and relays all forms of communication accurately, promptly and courteously to the appropriate personnel/department.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's Degree in Business preferred
* 3-5 years of broad administrative assistant, office management and/or executive secretarial experience
* CPI training preferred
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Windows and Microsoft Office experience
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.