PFS Patient Data System Analyst - 40 hrs/wk.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Patient Data System Analyst position is to develop, organize, support and implement mainframe billing and collection dictionaries needs, analytical data reporting and assist with technical projects & activities of the Blanchard Valley Professional Services Department in accordance with Federal, State, and local guidelines as well as our established policies and procedures
* Duty 1: Responds to telephone traffic with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel in a courteous and timely manner. Relays accurate information promptly to the appropriate party for A/R reduction and customer satisfaction
* Duty 2: Assures confidentiality of patient information. Maintains compliant documentation and records in accordance with Federal and State regulations in patient account files. Accurately documents all account activity. Adheres to all HIPAA related privacy, security and transaction & code set regulations in compliance with the Federal guidelines.
* Duty 3: Responsible along with the Patient Financial Services Director and Managers for all technical components of the billing and collection functions within the electronic medical record and billing system. Responsible for all Patient Financial Services application set ups and passwords. Initiates all purchase orders for equipment and projects.
* Duty 4: Will act as the liaison between all Clinical and Revenue Cycle departments concerning procedural and system setup issues related to Patient Financial Services. Will assist in the research of demographic/charge flow to the division from other modules within the electronic medical record and billing system.
* Duty 5: Responsible to assist in accurate and timely reports as required in Patient Financial Services for facility and professional services. Able to provide and communicate analysis results using multiples software systems to accomplish.
* Duty 6: Regularly attends and actively participates in staff meetings, in-service and continuing education programs as offered.
* Duty 7: Responsible for electronic medical record and billing system modules relating to Patient Financial Services. Makes necessary changes to the system setup, understanding and educating staff, management and other organizational departments on changes within the system setup. Trained in billing system setup and works closely with other analysts to complete necessary changes.
* Duty 8: Handles and organizes all testing and implementation of upgrades and enhancements in the billing system as applicable.
* Duty 9: Supports all software applications within the Patient Financial Services department including, but not limited to the EDI vendor software, Insurance verification, Document Imaging and Collections. Assist in all education of these applications
* Duty 10: Responsible for assigned strategic initiatives within Patient Financial Services. Along with other analysts, is the project manager on initiatives and projects relating to the implementation and enhancements of technical application within the Division. Documents, performs analysis of test and live data and makes independent decisions within all applications. Uses independent judgment and discretion as needed on assigned projects to complete tasks and goals.
* Duty 11: Creates policies and implements procedures along with the management team in Patient Financial Services on initiatives, projects and goals.
* Bachelor s Degree in related fields including business, healthcare finance, accounting, or MIS, or significant 5+ years in related experience required.
* An advanced technical aptitude, proven PC Literacy, proficient analytical skill in Sequel, Access and Excel required.
* Strong organizational skills and can demonstrate time management and effective communications both written and verbal.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* ICD-10 and CPT Coding knowledge preferred
* Hospital or Professional billing knowledge preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting. The associate will required to sit for five hours a day, walk for one hour a day and stand for two hours a day. The individual must be able to lift ten to twenty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. This position requires correction vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination and verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.