Pharmacy Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
JOB SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Technician I completes a variety of routine pharmacy services related to medication acquisition and distribution which include, but are not limited to: triaging phone calls, repackaging medications, labeling medications, charging/crediting medications, compounding medications, and inventorying medications. Ensures optimal patient safety and customer service.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with other health care professionals as needed for problem resolution and/or achievement of identified patient specific goals.
1. Assists with optimizing the safety and efficiency of pharmacy operations and to support the workflow needs of the pharmacy department.
2. Contributes in departmental efforts to resolve drug related problems and maximizing patient care.
1. Performs efficient and safe medication distribution functions such as, but not limited to: telephone triage, repackaging of medications, labeling medications, charge/credit of medications, compounding medications, and inventory of medications.
2. Provides support to the workflow and reports any problems to the appropriate parties. Accurately documents and completes paperwork for the assigned role/function.
3. Reports near misses and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of corrective actions and improvement activities, and to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety.
1. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Recommends solutions in achieving departmental objectives.
2. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
1. Participates in departmental projects activities, and seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Pharmacy Technician I.
* High School Diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.); two years of college preferred
* 0 years, with one year experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital setting highly preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
* Texas Pharmacy Technician Registration; or Pharmacist Intern Licensure
* Completion of the 40 hours Sterile Compounding and Aseptic course from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved training program within 90 days of employment *
* ACPE approved IV certification within 90 days of employment *
*See manager for details and tracking certification information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
* Proficient in performing accurate calculations required for usual dosage determinations
* Possesses proficient computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / pharmacy related software, drug preparation pumps/devices, packaging and labeling machines, automated drug dispensing equipment, prescription balances, and portable data processing units
* Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.