This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Department of Clinical Laboratory is a full-service laboratory operating 24 hours a day. The staff performs millions of procedures annually, using some of the most cutting-edge technology and techniques available. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Phlebotomist.
* Assesses patient's condition and obtains required specimens while keeping the patient's best interest as a primary concern.
* Provides patient and/or care provider with accurate instructions and necessary materials (if required) for specimen collection.
* Ensures all requirements for specimen integrity have been met.
* Prepares, labels, and stores reagents, specimen collection material, and patient specimens for analysis.
* Calibrates, maintains and operates instruments keeping appropriate documentation.
* Performs data entry in hospital and laboratory information systems following department and compliance requirements.
* Verifies accuracy and transcription of final report.
* Disposes of bio-hazardous and other potentially hazardous materials according to safety and infection control procedures.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum one year of experience in specimen collection and processing required
* Advanced level of skill in adult and pediatric phlebotomy preferred.
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record required if the position requires traveling to different facilities
* Will consider: EMT, Military Corpsman, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, or Firefighter with training and phlebotomy experience
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.