- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Collects accurate and complete blood specimens from inpatients and outpatients in a timely manner in accordance with the Meridian Health System and laboratory policies and procedures and Federal/State regulations and for providing customer service support. Answers phones, faxes results, processes and tracks specimens to JSMC. Must be able to work independently, self-directed, have attention to detail/order accuracy and be capable of multitasking. Flexibility is a must. Must be patient centered with desire to providing a "WOW" experience.
* High School diploma or equivalent is required
* Completion of phlebotomy training program required
* Hospital and Nursing Home collection experience is desirable.
* ASCP certification preferred
* Basic computer skills for specimen test ordering
* Must be flexible to work varied hours
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.