PHP - BackEnd Web Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONNYC- Digital Media Conglomerate has interesting position for a PHP-Backend Web Developer. This is a Fulltime permanent position-West Village Location.
Work closely with cross functional teams on some of the most recognizable branded websites in the world. In addition you will work on other consumer facing products such as mobile, set top boxes, tablets etc. You will be part of a fast paced, agile- continuous delivery/integration environment.
As a true object oriented softwareengineer you will have deep expertise in the basics of OOA, OOD, OOP including Abstraction, Class, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance, etc. Although the focus is backend web development, the preference is for someone with some experience in the full stack.
You will work with in an MVC framework creating controllers, models, and views that are modular, scalable Unit Testing, Integration and Functional Testing unit, integration and functional tests. Build web service APIs Usage of revision control systems. Takes full advantage of the company's propriety CMS to implement content management and site/application management. App Support on a rotating basis.
BS/BA - Computer Science is HIGHLY desirable for this role.
* Extensive experience doing back-end development
* Extensive OOA, OOD, OOP development specifically with PHP ideally on any of the following frameworks: Zend Framework, Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP or CodeIgniter.
* Experience in building highly scalable, high volume, high traffic, high performance web apps
* Continuous Integration and Deliver & Deployment Experience working on a Linux platform, knowledge of command-line tools
* Experience with caching systems (Memcache, Redis, Akamai, Varnish, etc).
* Content Management Systems, site management systems and rights management.
* Version Control (Git, Subversion)
* Experience developing Applications in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) including application containers and container orchestration.
Looking to hire ASAP.