This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
* Want to make a difference in the life of a student*
* Are you passionate about the latest web technology trends*
* Do you constantly look for ways to develop something better*
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity for a talented and energetic PHP Developer to join our growing product development team. PHP Developers at Hobsons are involved in significant development projects for our market-leading K-12 SaaS application.
Your work will focus on using standard object-oriented design patterns in PHP or Java (depending on your strengths) to design and develop RESTful web services, with additional opportunities for contributions throughout the entire application stack, from the data layer to the presentation layer.
We are seeking candidates who have strong experience in modern SaaS application development, and who are passionate about industry trends and innovations in educational technology.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA
* Design, develop, and support software components using modern technologies
* Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into our products.
* Leverage team development standards, patterns, and design principles in daily activities.
* Collaborate closely with product managers and user experience designers during discovery, design, and development.
* Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space.
* B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
* Experience working in an Agile scrum environment.
* Have an in-depth knowledge of object-oriented design patterns.
* Production experience in the creation of RESTful web services
* Production experience using MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or MongoDB
* Production experience using GitHub and the Git Flow process.
* Passion for applying TDD or BDD practices to development work.
Preference will be given to candidate who also possess the following skills:
* Ability to work through the entire stack from data layer to presentation layer.
* Production experience working with Symfony or Spring Boot (depending on if your focus has been PHP or Java)
* Production experience working with Cloud-based technologies (AWS Lambda is a plus)
* Production experience using Go
Please note that during initial stages of the interview process, candidates may be required to complete a short live-coding exercise, and during later stages of the interview process candidates may be required to complete a "take-home" coding challenge.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.