This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary focus of the PHP Application Developer is to create and maintain systems written in PHP. The ideal candidate for this position has experience coding in a deadline driven, multi-project environment and creating an intuitive experience for users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop, Test and Maintain our current systems written in PHP
* Deal with tight deadlines and changing requirements
* Collaborate with other Engineers, Developers, Architects, Quality Assurance, System Engineers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters in solving new and existing technical challenges
* 2+ years of professional-level Object Oriented PHP 5 Development experience, including experience with MVC frameworks
* Ability to explain complex ideas and concepts to business users
* Experience with Web Standards philosophoes and modern XHTML/HTML/HTML5/CSS markup
* Experience designing databases and writing efficient SQL queries
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* 2+ years Linux/Ubuntu experience
* MUST have MVC Framework experience- Symfony2 or Laravel
* PostgreSQL Database Design and Administration
* Symfony2, Laravel, Zend or similar framework expeirence
* Experience with SOAP, REST or similar web service
* Search technologies such as ElasticSearch or SOLR
* Message Queue techmologies such as RabbitMQ or ZeroMQ
* Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
* Automation technologies such as Ansible or Puppet
* Git source control and Gitflow git workflow
* Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Functional Testing
* Command Line, Bash, VIM, Shell Scripting