PHP Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
* You will develop and maintain new and existing PHP web applications in our agile environment.
* Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into deployed applications and features.
* Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
* Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
* Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
* Experience writing PHP-based applications
* A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
* Experience with traditional RDBMSdatabases, such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
* Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
* Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
NICE TO HAVES:
* CakePHP framework experience.
* Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience.
* Experience with payments processing and/or Social API's (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* All the coffee you can drink.
* Full Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental and Vision with company contribution
* Matching 401k
* Macs or Linux desktops, Big 'ol monitors, two if you need 'em
* We pick people, over degreesand reward awesomeness.