PHYSICAL THERAPIST I 9/8/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Rehabilitation Services Department includes Occupational and Physical Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation and Speech-Language Pathology. Our professionals provide a broad range of services to our varied patient population with special focus on prevention, preservation, and restoration of mobility, fitness, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, and swallowing. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Physical Therapist.
* Evaluates patient using appropriate techniques with consideration for the patient's physical, psychosocial, developmental/maturation status and cultural needs.
* Develops and implements treatment program for patient.
* Communicates with physician and other healthcare staff concerning patient's status and continued services.
* Documents evaluation, progress and discharge notes of patient.
* Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Technicians.
* Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy.
* Current Kansas license to practice Physical Therapy.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.