3PL Account Manager 9/2/2016
Pico Rivera, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SITUATION OVERVIEW
Our client, a fast-growing hard surface flooring manufacturer and distributor, is hiring for a 3PL Account Manager in Pico Rivera, CA. The 3PL Account Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day coordination of business with their 3PL provider. The position is located on-site at the 3PL DC in Pico Rivera, CA.
* Ensure customer requirements are met, proper inventory levels are maintained, and contractual obligations are fulfilled.
* Ensure 3PL is properly managing flow of inbound containers, optimizing layout and storage, and ensuring on-time damage-free shipping to customers.
* Act as a liaison between customer service and 3PL.
* Coach and guide 3PL on operational processes.
* Ensure 3PL provides timely & accurate reporting on shipping and inventory transactions.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Hands on experience and knowledge of Distribution Center procedures and Best Practices.
* Previous experience managing a 3PL provider.
* Detail oriented and strong project management skills.
* Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel
* Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline is preferred.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
* This role is based in Pico Rivera, CA. Upon starting, 2-4 weeks of training at client's HQs in Georgia will be required. Following that training, occasional travel may be necessary.