PLC Programmer 8/11/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUPERIOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR A PLC PROGRAMMER POSITION WITH A PREMIER ORGANIZATION!!!
Company is seeking a PLC Programmer that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent manufacturing & design practices.
Responsible for reviewing specifications, making recommendations, working in coordination with electrical designers and programming Programmable Logic Controls as applied Industrial Motor Controls, specifically used on machinery.
Also documents the programs and operation for inclusion in submittals and Operation & Maintenance Manuals. Provides support for review of drawings and submittal packages, bills of material and customer questions. May also provide reprogramming in order to fit particular site requirements or changes.
* Review Engineering Specifications from a variety of Engineers and customers. Reviews mechanical and electrical specifications and determine ourcompliance with the specifications. Rectifies and resolves any discrepancies between our scope of supply and the technical specifications.
* Coordinates PLC Programming with Mechanical Design Engineers, ElectricalControl Designers.
* Reviews consulting engineer's comments on return submittals. Resolves anydiscrepancies either through correction to, or clarification of, the submission. This may requirecontact with the engineers, in-house engineering, the representative, or other knowledgeable sources.
* Assists with sales order entry updates relative to mechanical, electrical design or resubmission with the Electrical Control Designer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Administration Coordinator, Technical Sales Assistant and BOM Specialist.
* Prepares Change Orders in accordance with project requirements.
* Maintains updated customer drawing file.
* Monitors appropriateness of Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
* Coordinates with Production department to resolve programming functions that are discrepant during in house testing.
* Supports the quote preparation process by reviewing and selecting appropriate PLC products. Interacts with ITS Consulting Engineer and R & D as required to assistwith applications.
* Interacts with manufacturer's reps, consulting engineers, and end users to help these parties in designing suitable installations from an electrical standpoint.
* Interacts with sales reps, consulting engineers, and end users to help these parties introubleshooting and correcting problem installations from an electrical standpoint.
* Reviews/checks submittal documentation to ensure the materials reflect selections specified for the project.
* Adhere to safety standards of facility.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED:FOUR-YEAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE, OR 4-6 YEARS OF EQUIVALENTEXPERIENCE PROGRAMMING PLC'S FOR INDUSTRIAL MOTOR CONTROLS.
* Experience with Windows operating systems. Experience with AllenBradley PLC's, Siemens PLC's, Modicon PLC's, GE Fanuc PLC's,Panasonic PLC's, Omron PLC's desirable.
* Able to work around and with medium voltage (up to 575 VAC)
* Able to read schematics
* Highly self-motivated