PMA Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The primary function of this position is to promote and sell service agreements for commercial building systems products to include fire alarm, suppression, sprinkler, security, sound, communication and inspections. Determine customer needs and develop sales strategies to meet those objectives. Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives. Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers. Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support the sales plan. Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish contact with prospect and qualify potential buyers of service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
* Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
* Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives.
* Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan.
* Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
* Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
* Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
* Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
* Support the service department to generate leads for service or equipment/device upgrades.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
* One to three years of sales experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable.
* Must have excellent communication skills, have the ability to persuade and close sales.
* Must have ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision.