PMO Director 8/17/2016
Barker Search LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plans, organizes and directs the staff and activities of the Project Management Office in support of IT. Manages the development and implementation of PMO strategy, establishes the PMO function as a center of excellence institutionalizes a Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) life cycle methodology and aligns the PMO mission with overall IT and Health System vision. Identifies, evaluates, and develops methods and procedures to improve program and project effectiveness, risk management, and compliance with Audit.
1. Leads the transformation of the PPM program including process re-design, of PPM strategy, establishes the PMO function as a center of excellence, institutionalizes a Project Management (PM) life cycle methodology and aligns the PMO vision with overall OCIO and Health System vision.
2. Develops IS demand management and portfolio data collection processes allowing visibility into project, program, portfolio critical path and cross portfolio dependencies to optimize IT throughput potential. Collaborates with IT leadership in providing creative strategies in managing overall IT demand.
3. Directs the development and deployment of project management guidelines, standards, procedures, templates, leading practices, tools and training.
4. Evolves program and project management capabilities, improves delivery of technology solutions to business clients, and leverages project management knowledge across the OCIO organization.
5. Establishes and integrates PMO measures, metrics, thresholds and targets to drive performance in alignment with OCIO and business strategies including risk and operational management metrics.
6. Establishes and fosters positive and collaborative relationships with peers and demonstrates willingness to be flexible and accommodate unique business situations.
7. Provides leadership for governance and executive steering teams and events regarding project portfolios.
8. Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
9. Provides input to the PMO business plan and operating budget for senior management.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology or related field, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification, preferred.
Minimum of seven (10) years progressively responsible project management experience including application development, package implementation, infrastructure and IT transformation projects experience, required.
Thorough knowledge and experience creating Project Management Life Cycle (PLC), and Program and Portfolio Management (PPM), Business Requirements, and Application Development Lifecycle (SDLC), required.
Familiarity with quality management programs and methodologies including Six Sigma, required.
Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with various levels of management, required.
Excellent people management, communication, presentation, relationship building and implementation skills, required.
* Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement complex plans, required.