PMO Financial Manager (4181)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Business Ops Strategy / Support
Discipline: Business Support Operations
Career Level: Manager
Department: Project Management Office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position title: Manager, Business Support
Location: 411 SEVENTH AVE
This position will manage and control the PMO financial budget consisting of the AMI program, ADMS program, and PMO projects. In addition, this position will have direct responsibility in the management of numerous financial / analytic models for project planning, analysis, and forecasting efforts. Lastly, this position will manage the day to day operations of invoice processing, development of accruals, and management of Duquesne Light s IT and PMO internal time keeping systems
1. Direct management responsibility of the financial accounting, planning, analysis, and control of the PMO CAPEX and OPEX budget
2. Interface monthly with executive management team reporting on financial results and project to complete forecasts. Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting financial data and making comparative analyses
3. Manage the strategic control of project internal / external headcount and personnel time categorizations; perform extensive data mining and develop models to produce detailed business analysis for both IT and PMO leadership team
4. Interact with regulatory bodies by working with the Rate & Tariff team; collaborate with executive leadership to develop and publish responses to regulatory interrogatories from financial filings
5. Collaborate with vendor management Director overseeing external vendor relationships for procurement activity to ensure maximum financial returns while achieving exemplary service levels
6. Oversee the data mining of Duquesne Light s financial systems: consolidate and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status. Identify trends and escalate to management
7. Manage and maintain financial models to assist in project variance analysis (budget vs. actual). Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
8. Coordinate with project management teams to identify and formulate estimate to complete projections for project scope
9. Direct responsibility for the analysis of financial data (budgets, forecasts, etc.) taking into account project goals and financial standing
10. Oversee and mentor a Financial Analyst direct report
11. Collaborate with IT planning and control leader while supporting financial activities
12. Manage the monthly invoice process and maintain the PMO project invoice tracker
13. Manage internal time keeping systems for both IT and the PMO (e-Time and c-Time)
14. Oversee the reconciliation monthly financial transactions by comparing and correcting data
Roles at this level require a university/college degree. Higher level education such as a master s degree in Finance, Accounting, MBA, or certifications are normally required. Relevant industry experience to be successful in the given role is typically 7-10 years. At least 3+ years of prior management experience is required. Proven leadership experience with a large scope is required. Must have experience in the preparation and analysis of consolidated financial statements. Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, accounting systems, and the Microsoft office suite.
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
2. Supreme verbal and written communication skills
3. Ability to build and implement financial and strategic vision to align with regulatory environment
4. Experience with the following business applications: PAAM Power Plant, Oracle Work & Asset Management, Work Plan Integration, and FPI
5. High proficiency with the following Microsoft technologies: Microsoft Office (Excel and Access), SharePoint Server, and Windows Desktop
6. Proven business leadership and staff development skills
7. Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with aggressive project timeframes
8. Excellent technical documentation skills
9. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
10. Strong customer service orientation
Physical Requirements: Normal office environment
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature. Primary focus is on daily deliverables of routine and defined outputs. Staff at this level work under direct supervision within a specific area. Work performed is generally moderately complex to complex processing, review, or other administrative based.
Independent discretion or decision making capabilities are still somewhat limited. Decisions made are normally within a prescribed framework or established boundaries. Employees may need to deviate; the frequency of such occurrences is typically moderate
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.