This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Newport News, VA
* Provide practical hands-on instruction to create an engaging learning environment.
* Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience and achieve learning outcomes.
* Evaluate student academic performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
* Participate in graduation, pinning ceremonies and other University events.
* Actively participates in professional development through in-service workshops, professional membership, cross training, faculty meetings and maintaining certifications and licensure.
* Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as needed.
* Provides tutoring and/or remediation to students as needed.
* All other duties assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited educational institution required; Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
* Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
* Current AHA CPR certification for clinical faculty.
* Minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered or advanced practice nurse.
* Prior teaching experience preferred.
* Strong academic and professional record
* Strong active-learning skills for effective instruction
* Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
* The highest levels of integrity at all times
* Orientation toward results
* Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.