POOL - LTC Lecturer in French for Intensive courses
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Language Training Center, a part of the Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Kansas, is seeking a part-time lecturer to provide instruction for short, intensive courses in French to a military audience located at McGuire Air Force Base (Trenton, NJ). The lecturer will provide six hours of instruction per day for two weeks (weekends not included) at the intermediate or advanced level, depending on class needs. The lecturer will travel to the location four times per year to deliver instruction on-site, with all travel costs covered by the University. Arrangements can be made to teach at a distance via videoconferencing technology if travel is not possible for some of the classes. Qualified applicants will have a Master s degree in French, or a closely related field; advanced proficiency in French and English; and at least one year of prior experience teaching at the college or university level.
The appointment period for each session will total five weeks which includes two weeks of preparation time, two weeks of teaching and one week after to complete any necessary duties.
100% - Teaching
* Provide 6 hours of instruction per day for two weeks at the intermediate or advanced level in French.
* Prepare course materials, assessments, and lesson plans in consultation with the French language director and the Project Pedagogy Specialist.
* Maintain open and timely communication with students outside of class hours.
* Attend periodic meetings with teaching and administrative staff, including training prior to the beginning of the semester.
* Adhere to departmental, college, and university policies.
* Master s degree or equivalent in French; OR native speakers with a Master s degree in any field and experience teaching French at a university level are welcome to apply.
* Advanced proficiency in French.
* Advanced proficiency in English.
* At least one year of university or college teaching experience at any level in the language in either face-to-face or distance teaching settings.
* PhD or ABD in French or a closely related field.
* Experience in distance teaching.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Submit online application and attach a cover letter, a resum /CV and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins on May 23, 2016. Applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for courses offered on a quarterly basis.
Contact Information to Applicants
Michael R. DeHaven
Advertised Salary Range
$8,000 per 5-week appointment
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.