POOL - Lecturer, Chemical & Petroleum Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Lecturer pool is renewed every year but accepting applications at any time. Appointments (part-time, regular or temporary) for the next academic year are made in April or May of the spring semester (or at other times when need arises to fill vacancies or emergency situations).
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins. Any employment with the University of Kansas is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
100%- Planning and organization of the course, include syllabus preparation, textbook acquisition, etc., instruction throughout the semester (3 in-class hours per week), administration of tests and assignments; grading of those assignments, office hours (3 hours per week) and supervision of graduate student teaching assistants.
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
* Two to four years relevant teaching experience with evidential record or five to seven years relevant professional experience
* Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
* Prior experience teaching the specific course of interest.
Additional Candidate Instruction
* A complete application will include an online application, curriculum vitae/resume, cover letter and evidence of professional experience and/or teaching experience.
* Applications reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
$5,000 - $10,000 per course/semester commensurate with experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY