POOL - Lecturer - Civil/Environ/Arch Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Chair of the Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering Department invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit applications to teach one or more undergraduate or graduate level courses. Applications will be reviewed by CEAE faculty and placed in a pool for consideration, as needed, for up to 1 year. Appointments are one semester, renewable, subject to review and funding. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins. All qualified instructors are encouraged to apply. Any employment with the University of Kansas is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool to be considered for part-time (regular or temporary) teaching positions as needed. Applicants will be accepted throughout the year.
100% Prepare and present lectures for one or more undergraduate or graduate course as described in the approved course syllabi, hold office hours, design and supervise laboratories, projects, and exams as appropriate to the course. Grade student laboratories, projects, and exams and/or supervise graders and teaching assistants, and assign or participate with other faculty member in assigning final grades.
Areas of interest to form the lecturer pool include the following: Architectural Engineering (ARCE), Civil and Environmental Engineering (CE) and Construction Management (MCGT).
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Construction Management, or closely related field.
* Minimum 2 years of professional experience OR 2 years of teaching experience in area of interest may be substituted for professional experience
* Masters or Doctoral degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Construction Management or closely related field with 3 or more years of professional experience.
* 3 or more years of teaching experience with evidence of prior teaching success in area of interest.
* Licensing as a Professional Engineer
Additional Candidate Instruction
* A complete application will include the online application, curriculum vitae/resume, cover letter and evidence of professional experience and/or teaching experience.
* Applications reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Starts at $7,000 per 3 credit hour course
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY