POOL - Lecturer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
Teach course(s) in psychology in the area of: PSYC 300 Statistics, PSYC 310 Research Methods, PSYC 318 Cognitive Psychology, PSYC 333 Child Psychology, PSYC 430 Cognitive Development, PSYC 435 Social and Personality Development. Part- to full-time lecturer positions as departmental instructional needs arise. Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool to be considered for teaching positions as needed. Lecturers are untenured, non-tenure-track members of the faculty with limited term appointments, whose primary role is instructional with no obligations to perform research or service.
Application materials will be reviewed with departmental instructional needs. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Lecturer
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
* In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester for the class.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Hold regular office hours for students enrolled in the classes taught.
* A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required. These office hours should be divided over at least two, and preferably three, days. The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
* Adhere to Departmental, College, and University policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
* Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate in Psychology or closely related field.
* Native or near-native fluency in English.
* Prior experience in teaching courses in Psychology.
* Research experience in Psychology.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY