POOL - Lecturer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Indigenous Studies program seeks applicants to join a pool of lecturers for part- to full-time teaching positions in the Indigenous Studies field.
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Indigenous Studies consistent with program instructional needs. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% Depending on the need, teach course in designated area:
* Plan and organize the course, including syllabus preparation, textbook selection, etc.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3-5 hours per week, per course.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student course work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Provide at least two office hours per week.
* Adhere to departmental/ program, College, and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's degree or higher education in a field relevant to Indigenous Studies.
* Expertise on topic being taught from educational and/or employment experience.
* Minimum of one course or one semester teaching experience at a junior college, four-year college, or university.
* Ph.D. or ABD in a field relevant to Indigenous Studies.
* Evidence of prior success in teaching in the field.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY