POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
THE GERMANIC LANGUAGES & LITERATURES DEPARTMENT at the UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS seeks applicants to join a pool of lecturers for part- to full-time teaching positions in the Germanic Languages & Literatures field. Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool to be considered for teaching positions as needed on an ongoing basis. Applications will be accepted throughout the year. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100%-Depending on the need, teach course in designated area:
* Plan and organize the course, including syllabus preparation, textbook selection, etc.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3-5 hours/ week per course.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student course work, provide feedback to students and assign grades.
* Provide at least 2 office hours per week.
* Lecturers of graduate courses may assume limited advising duties or assist with thesis as arranged with the department chair.
* Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
* Master's degree or equivalent in one or more of the following: German, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, or Norwegian as needed.
* Native or near native proficiency in English and one or more of the following: German, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, or Norwegian as needed.
* Prior teaching experience
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach, and the names and contact information for references.
Deadline/Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Dr. Nina Vyatkina, Chair
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY