POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Department of Applied Behavioral Science at the University of Kansas seeks individuals qualified to teach part-time or full-time undergraduate courses in, for instance, child development; marriage and family; curriculum development; parenting; health, safety, and nutrition; clinical child psychology; and infant, toddler, and early childhood practicum supervision. The Department accepts applications at any time, but normally makes appointments for Fall semester in May and June, and for Spring semester in November and December. Increases in enrollment, resignations, and emergencies may create openings that are filled just before classes begin. Application materials will be reviewed for consideration that is consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
80% - Teaching
* Teach course in designated area.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3 hours/week, one day a week.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
20% - Office Hours
* Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in c.v., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's level degree in Applied Behavioral Science or a related field.
* At least one semester of teaching experience at the university or college level.
* A master's or doctorate in a related field
* Evidence of prior success in teaching (e.g., course evaluations, supervisor ratings)
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Flo DiGennaro Reed
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY