POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Department of Political Science at the University of Kansas invites qualified scholars and professionals to make application for Lecturer positions. Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration as needed for part-to full-time teaching positions.
Teach undergraduate course(s) and provide instruction throughout the semester. Depending on need to teach course(s) in one of the following areas: American Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, Public Policy, Political Theory or some combination of these areas.
Application materials will be reviewed based on departmental instructional needs. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Lecturer
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3 hours/week, one day a week.
* Depending on need, teach course(s) in one of the following areas: American Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, Public Policy, Political Theory or some combination of these areas.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
* A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required. These office hours should be divided over at least two or preferably three different days.
* The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
* Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* PhD or ABD in political science or closely related field.
* Evidence of college-level teaching experience in political science.
* PhD in Political Science.
* Prior teaching experience in the specific course of interest..
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Donald Haider-Markel, Chairperson
Political Science Department
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY