POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Communication Studies lecturer pool is renewed every year and we accept applications at any time, but make appointments for the next academic year (August through May) usually in late summer (or at other times when extra lecturers are needed to fill vacancies or emergency situations.) Applications are accepted for full-time to part-time positions.
The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Teaching
* Planning and organization of the course, including the syllabus, preparation, textbook acquisition, etc. (unless teaching Basic Course class where textbook and guidelines for syllabi are set).
* Instruction throughout the semester (3 in-class hours per week, MWF or TR).
* Administration of tests and assignments and grading those assignments.
* Holding office hours (3 hours per week).
* Filling out and turning in grade sheets at the end of each semester. If required (Basic Course) turning in those records at the end of each semester.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* M.A. in Communication Studies or a related field.
* At least one semester teaching experience at the College/University level in Communications Studies or a related field.
* Evidence of teaching competence.
* Ph.D. in Communication Studies or a related field.
* Prior experience teaching in the specific course of interest.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Suzanne Grachek, Office Manager
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY