POOL - Lecturer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Department of Speech-Language-Hearing invites qualified scholars and professionals to make application for part-time to full-time lecturer positions. Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for teaching one or more undergraduate or graduate courses in speech-language pathology or audiology consistent with departmental instructional needs. Hires are done on an as-needed basis based on teaching load.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Lecturer
* Teach 1 to 3 undergraduate or graduate courses per semester.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3 hours/week/course, one day a week.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught. A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required/course. These office hours should be divided over at least two and preferably three different days. The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
* Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in c.v., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's degree speech-language pathology or clinical doctorate in audiology (AuD) by date of appointment.
* Expertise on topic being taught (from educational or employment experience).
* Potential or demonstrated ability in effective teaching of Speech-Language-Hearing at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
1. Ph.D. or ABD in Speech-Language-Pathology or Audiology or related discipline.
2. Evidence or testimony regarding excellent teaching ability at the university level.
3. Experience teaching Speech-Language-Hearing content.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Holly Storkel, Ph.D.
1000 Sunnyside Ave., #3001 Dole
Lawrence, KS 66045
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY